Thursday, January 29, 2009
The Official Story
My name is Gabi and I grew up in Argentina. When I was about 10 years old my mother and father divorced and that is when I found out I was adopted. My mother has told me my birth parents were killed during the dirty war that took place in my country many years ago. Fortunately, my mother and birth grandmother have become very good friends and I am able to know what my birth mother and father were like. I have even seen pictures of them and know where I get my good looks from. My adopted father and I lost contact after I turned 15. I believe he moved to Spain to avoid being caught in some unethical dealings had while I was a young child. I attended high school as any other normal teenager does and made very good grades. I attended college in the United States and decided to pursue law school. I am currently a lawyer with the US Immigration Department where I oversee the ethnical treatment of immigrants from Central and South American countries. Although my job can be stressful at times, I see it as a way of paying homage to not only my adopted mother who took such wonderful care of me growing up, but also my birth family who underwent so much heartache and misery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment